Custom Force SensorsThanks to the unique construction and operational capabilities of FlexiForce sensors, Tekscan can create custom-designed force sensors to meet your specific OEM needs.
FlexiForce™ sensors are ideal for OEM products thanks to our ability to customize:
- Geometry: Sensors can be designed in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Size: FlexiForce sensors have been manufactured with active area diameters as small as 1.86 mm and widths as large as 402.59 mm (15.85 in)
- Operating environments: We offer FlexiForce sensors in three different formats
- -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
- Enhanced Stability Series (ESS) – ideal for high humidity operating conditions
- -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)
- High temperature
- -40°C to 204°C (-40°F to 400°F)
- Designed for different connection methods: This article shows several ways FlexiForce sensors can be terminated to the space and budget needs of any application.
- Integration support: Our team of mechanical, electrical, and application engineers is here to ensure a successful product integration.
The Sensor Customization ProcessIf our off-the-shelf force sensors don’t meet your requirements, we invite you to discuss custom solutions with our team of engineers. Thanks to the unique construction and operating capabilities of FlexiForce sensors, Tekscan can create custom-designed force sensors to meet your specific OEM needs.
The Process Begins by Identifying Your Application's Needs
Tekscan Sales & Applications Engineers with gather the broad design specifics for your sensor customization project through a brief questionnaire. This baseline information will help us begin developing your custom solution.
After Further Conversations, a Formalized Quote is Submitted to the Customer
Tekscan Sales & Applications engineers will work directly with you to ensure your sensor design needs are met with regards to performance and budget.
Sensor Design is Approved by the Customer, and Production Begins
Tekscan will keep customers informed on expected production and delivery times throughout this final stage.
Engaging with our team throughout the design process saves you time, money, and resources. This design collaboration results in a lower cost, shorter design cycle, and ultimately, a successful product.